Fergus Electric Cooperative, Inc. is seeking a qualified journeyman lineman for a position in Lewistown, Montana.
Fergus Electric Cooperative is a member-owned electric cooperative serving 6500 meters in central Montana. Central Montana is a pristine recreational area surrounded by scenic island mountain ranges and the town of Lewistown is known for its good and plentiful drinking water.
The successful candidate must possess a great attitude, good work ethic, and be committed to safety and service to co-op members. Fergus Electric is committed to having a strong safety program and safety is the co-op’s priority.
The co-op offers an excellent benefit package.
Job requirements include a Union Journeyman Lineman Certification, high school diploma, and a valid Montana Class A Commercial Driver License, with an excellent driving record. An employment physical and a drug screen are required.
Duties, skills and abilities:
▪ Construction, maintenance and repair of overhead and underground distribution and transmission systems. Knowledge of RUS specifications is preferred.
▪ Must have ability to climb power poles.
▪ Must have ability to operate digger derricks, bucket trucks, backhoes, skid steers and snow cats.
▪ Must comply with OSHA safety and health rules.
▪ Must have knowledge and ability to perform hot work.
▪ Must have basic computer skills.
▪ Must be skilled and able to clear and maintain power line rights of way.
▪ Must have effective communication skills.
▪ Must be available to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime during power outages and/or emergencies.
▪ This position is active and requires daily lifting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
▪ Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Employment applications are available below; or call 406-538-3465 to request an application. Please send resume and application to: Dale Rikala, Fergus Electric Co-op, Inc., 84423 U.S. Highway 87, Lewistown, MT 59457-2058; email email@example.com; or call 406-538-3465. Applications will be accepted through Wednesday, April 15.