Fergus Electric Cooperative, Inc. has an immediate opening for a qualified journeyman lineman or apprentice lineman. Requirements include a HS Diploma/GED, successful completion of an apprenticeship school or holding a union journeyman lineman card. Valid Montana Class A CDL with excellent driving record required. Technical skills testing and a drug screen are required.
Fergus Electric Cooperative is headquartered in Lewistown, Montana with a satellite office in Roundup, Montana. The co-op offers an excellent wage and benefit package, including defined benefit and 401k retirement plans. Fergus Electric is committed to having a strong safety program and safety is the co-op’s priority.
Employment applications are available online at www.ferguselectric.coop; or call 406-538-3465 to request an application. Please send resume and application to: Dale Rikala, Fergus Electric Co-op, Inc., 84423 U.S. Highway 87, Lewistown, MT 59457-2058; email email@example.com; or call 406-538-3465. Applications will be accepted through Friday, May 3.
Duties, skills and abilities:
- Construction, maintenance and repair of overhead and underground distribution and transmission systems.
- Must have ability to climb power poles.
- Must comply with OSHA safety and health rules.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have effective communication skills.
- This position is active and requires daily standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.