Wage or Salary: $41.95 per hour, per Union Contract.
Fergus Electric Cooperative, Inc., located in Lewistown Montana, has an immediate opening for a qualified mechanic.
Fergus Electric Cooperative is a member-owned electric cooperative serving 6,873 meters in central Montana. Lewistown is surrounded by five mountain ranges with abundant wildlife. The area offers a variety of recreational opportunities.
The successful candidate must possess a great attitude, good work ethic, and be committed to safety and service to co-op members. Fergus Electric is committed to having a strong safety program.
The co-op offers an excellent benefit package.
Job requirements include a high school diploma and a valid Montana Class A Commercial Driver License with an excellent driving record. Diesel Technology or similar postsecondary education preferred. An employment physical and a drug screen are required.
Duties, skills, and abilities include:
- The ability to work alone and maintain a clean and orderly shop.
- Diagnosing and repairing gas and diesel engines.
- Performing preventative maintenance inspections and services.
- Repairing hydraulic systems, welding, and fabricating parts
- The ability to operate digger derricks, bucket trucks, backhoes, skid steers and snow cats.
- Must comply with OSHA safety and health rules.
- Basic computer skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Must be available to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime during power outages and/or emergencies.
- This position is active and requires daily lifting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Employment applications are available online at www.ferguselectric.coop/employment.
Call (406) 538-3465 to request an application.
Please send resume and application to: Dale Rikala, Fergus Electric Co-op, Inc., 84423 U.S. Highway 87, Lewistown, MT 59457-2058; email firstname.lastname@example.org; or call 406-538-3465. Applications will be accepted through October 5th, 2023.