Wage or Salary: $41.95 per hour, per Union Contract.
Fergus Electric Cooperative, Inc., located in Lewistown Montana, has an immediate opening for a qualified mechanic.
Fergus Electric Cooperative is a member-owned electric cooperative serving 6,873 meters in central Montana. Lewistown is surrounded by five mountain ranges with abundant wildlife. The area offers a variety of recreational opportunities.
The successful candidate must possess a great attitude, good work ethic, and be committed to safety and service to co-op members. Fergus Electric is committed to having a strong safety program.
The co-op offers an excellent benefit package.
Job requirements include a high school diploma and a valid Montana Class A Commercial Driver License with an excellent driving record. Diesel Technology or similar postsecondary education preferred. An employment physical and a drug screen are required.
Duties, skills, and abilities include:
- The ability to work alone and maintain a clean and orderly shop.
- Diagnosing and repairing gas and diesel engines.
- Performing preventative maintenance inspections and services.
- Repairing hydraulic systems, welding, and fabricating parts
- The ability to operate digger derricks, bucket trucks, backhoes, skid steers and snow cats.
- Must comply with OSHA safety and health rules.
- Basic computer skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Must be available to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime during power outages and/or emergencies.
- This position is active and requires daily lifting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Employment applications are available online at www.ferguselectric.coop
Call (406) 538-3465 to request an application.
Please send resume and application to: Dale Rikala, Fergus Electric Co-op, Inc., 84423 U.S. Highway 87, Lewistown, MT 59457-2058; email email@example.com; or call 406-538-3465. Applications will be accepted through October 5th, 2023.